Metal Injection Molding is a low cost , high volume manufactuering process that produces custom metal parts near to net shape .
Metal injection molding (MIM) is a metalworking process in which finely-powdered metal is mixed with binder material to create a"feedstock" that is then shaped and solidified using injection molding.The ability to combine several operations into one process ensures MIM is successful in saving lead times as well as costs, providing significant benefits to manufacturers. The metal injection molding process might be a green technology due to the significant reduction in wastage compared to "traditional" manufacturing methods.
Manufacturing for MIM powder injection molding small metal parts .
The advantages of metal injection molding for metal fabrications :
- Highest degree of design freedom for complex shapes and geometries
- Provides practical economic solutions to increasingly stringent material and product design requirements
- Functional integration of various features, such as lateral drillings, interior and exterior threads and gear teeth.
- Excellent batch to batch repeatability with exceptional process capabilities
- Very high volume production series run on fully-automatic injection molding machines using multi-cavity tools
- Components can be heat and surface treated, plated, welded and soldered
The window of economic advantage in metal injection molded parts lies in complexity and volume for small-size parts. MIM materials are comparable to metal formed by competing methods, and final products are used in a broad range of industrial, commercial, medical, dental, firearms, aerospace, and automotive applications. Dimensional tolerances of ±0.3% are common and machining is required for closer tolerances .
MIM can produce parts where it is difficult, or even impossible, to efficiently manufacture an item through other means of fabrication. Increased costs for traditional manufacturing methods inherent to part complexity, such as internal/external threads, miniaturization, or identity marking, typically do not increase the cost in a MIM operation due to the flexibility of injection molding.
custom MIM stainless steel
Metal injection moulding process custom metal parts
Customized metal parts specification
|Product type||Custom metal injection moulding stainless steel iron parts components, complex structural parts, machinery parts stamping casting parts .|
|Material||metal , Iron , stainless steel , copper ,carbon steel|
|Process||Metal injection molding , powder metallurgy , stamping|
|Treatment||Polishing , plating ,sand blasting , PVD , coating|
|Drawing format||DWG ,IGS , STP|
|Delivery time||20 days for mass production|
Custom metal parts